Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
Be a part of driving healthy change in our communities
About the Position
The Pharmacist at Legacy Community Health will work within a multidisciplinary team to provide exceptional integrated care. You will be responsible for performing prescription processing and verification as well as drug utilization reviews of patient profiles to prevent drug-drug interactions, drug-disease interactions, and duplicative therapies. The Pharmacist will also have the goal of increasing medication adherence among all of Legacy's clients.
- Loan Repayment Assistance - up to $180,000 in loan repayment through the Texas Loan Repayment Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- 24-hour travel assistance
- Paid Time Off
- PTO Exchange Program - gives you the option to convert a portion of your accrued but unused PTO hours toward several different benefits and causes, based on your priorities
- Company holidays (9 days + 1 floating day)
- Bereavement Leave
- And more!
- Graduate from an accredited college or university of pharmacy
- Pharm.D. or B.S. with equivalent experience
- Post-graduate pharmacy residency preferred
- Current Texas Pharmacist licensure
- Certification in immunization delivery, smoking cessation, and naloxone
- First Aid / CPR certification
- BLS certification
- Spanish-speaking preferred
- 2 years of healthcare experience
- 1 year of community pharmacy, medication adherence counseling, and Medicare market experience preferred
- Experience in HIV/AIDs, Geriatrics, and/or Pediatrics preferred
About Legacy Community Health
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
Legacy Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
3 Minute Application and No Account Needed!