Director of Referrals
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
Be a part of driving healthy change in our communities
About the Position
The Director of the Referral Department at Legacy Community Health will be responsible for operations, quality, and financial performance of the Referral Department, including both Prevention and Referral Coordinators. In this role, you will provide direction and leadership in processing all external referrals from the organization, including cancer prevention screening. As Director of Referrals, you will serve as a leader to review processes and determine performance improvement initiatives.
- Establish strategic planning for the Referral Department Services
- Oversee the Referral Department teams and promote smooth day-to-day operations through continued evaluation of staffing needs, call and referral volumes, funding source use, etc.
- Monitor referral workflows and make recommendations to promote efficient and timely patient care
About Legacy Community Health
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family planning services, and nutrition and weight management information.
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our communities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualifying experience
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience
- 3 - 5 years of project or financial management
- 5 - 10 years of healthcare experience
- 5 - 10 years of referral management experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long-Term Disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Subsidized gym membership
- 24-hour travel assistance
- Paid Time Off
- PTO Exchange Program
- Company holidays (9 days + 1 floating day)
- Bereavement Leave
- And more