SVP / Chief Pharmacy & Financial Support
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TX
Make a Lasting Impact in Underserved Communities through Transformative Pharmacy Practices
About Legacy Community Health
Legacy Community Health, an inclusive organization with a diverse staff and leadership team, is passionately committed to providing care to all in the community, regardless of their ability to pay.
As the largest full-service Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Texas and the 5th largest in the USA, we pride ourselves on our dedication to quality care and fostering a supportive work environment.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Vice President / Chief Pharmacy & Financial Support to lead our pharmacy services and financial support sectors. Reporting to the Chief of Population Health & Performance Services, you will oversee five direct VP reports and approximately 100 staff members, driving strategic growth, ensuring quality care, and maximizing access to assistance programs.
Dr. Sales Introduces the SVP / Chief Pharmacy & Financial Support Role in this video
Year 1 KPOs / OKRs (Objectives & Key Results)
- Increase script fills per day from 1,000 to 4,500 fills, improving the efficiency of our pharmacy services
- Raise the pharmacy capture rate from 34% to 50%, strengthening our pharmacy's presence within Legacy Community Health
- Implement effective strategies to reduce turnover rates and increase employee engagement within the pharmacy department
- Drive growth in pharmacy revenue, with a target of increasing from the current by $10-20 million
- Develop strategies for Legacy Community Health pharmacy & assistance support programs
- Oversee 340b Pharmacy Purchasing Program compliance
- Optimize patient health outcomes & medication adherence
- Establish policies & procedures for pharmacy, purchasing, and assistance programs
- Increase current capacity for pharmacy fills, expanding utilization and script fills at the central fulfillment facility
Dr. Sales talks about Innovation within Pharmacy at Legacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Texas licensed pharmacist or willing to obtain
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the 340B program
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Retail pharmacy experience
- Spanish-speaking skills
- Experience in logistics around medication movement
- Financial and business acumen around pharmaceuticals and formulary development
- Legislative skills and innovation around the delivery of medication
- Experience in setting up profitable infusion centers
We're seeking an entrepreneurial leader with consulting experience and an intimate knowledge of the 340B program. The ideal candidate is a humble, good listener, problem solver, and able to challenge the status quo.
Perks and Benefits
- STI Incentive and LTI incentive (pending Board approval)
- Car Allowance
- Comprehensive insurance coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Life insurance, and AD&D
- 403(b) retirement plan with company match
- Subsidized gym membership, Employee Assistance Plan, 24-hour travel assistance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy, PTO Exchange program, Company holidays, Bereavement Leave
- Tuition reimbursement, Professional development opportunities, Employee referral bonuses
- Work-life balance and supportive work environment
Dr Sales discusses the Payor Mix and 340B at Legacy
- Expanded utilization, capacity and script fills at the central fulfillment facility
- Increase revenue within the first year
- Maintain team stability and reduce turnover
Join us in our mission to create a legacy of health for our community. Apply today to be a part of our growing family at Legacy Community Health. Legacy Community Health is recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance and has been honored by the Houston Chronicle as one of the Top Work Places nine times. We are a national leader in school-based health care for medical and behavioral health.
Legacy Community Health is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Join our diverse and inclusive team driving healthy change in our communities!
Apply now for this Featured Job in under 3 minutes using any device - no account needed!
We will reach out to you to find a mutually beneficial time to discuss role further after we have had an opportunity to review your information.
Using this application link, we can usually reach back out to you within 1-2 business days.